Pasta is the ultimate food for students that need a fast and easy yet delicious meal. Please find the recipe below for one of my favourite meals: kale & homemade pesto tagliatelle.
- Tons of tagiliatelle
- A handful of pine nuts
- A dusting of grated Parmesan cheese
- A spritz of nutmeg
- A couple of basil leaves
- A few spoonfuls of Mascarpone cheese
- A dash of olive oil
- Quite a lot of kale
- Some crushed garlic cloves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and let it sizzle for a few minutes. Add the kale and cook until it starts to frazzle.
- Using a blender (or other form of food processor), whizz the pine nuts, Parmesan, nutmeg, basil, Mascarpone, and olive oil until smoothish. Then add the mix of kale and garlic. Season with salt + pepper.
- Drain the pasta and put in the pan. Add the freshly made pesto and toss together. Serve with lots of extra grated Parmesan, and embellish to taste with pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
*This is a variation of a recipe in a very useful book called The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook.